Off-Leash Dog Areas
The City will again offer off-leash dog areas within the hockey rinks at three parks
From May 1 to November 1, the City will again offer off-leash dog areas within the hockey rinks at three City parks:
- Bucher Park - located in northeast Shoreview on Mackubin Street near County Road J
- Wilson Park - located in central Shoreview on County Road F east of Lexington Ave.
- Bobby Theisen Park - located in southern Shoreview on Vivian Ave south of County E
These are intended to complement the large County-operated off-leash dog area located in the Rice Creek Open Space off Lexington Avenue in northwest Shoreview. The City will provide benches and trash receptacles in each of these spots.
The following rules apply to use of these off-leash dog areas:
- Owners must ensure that dogs are leashed prior to entering and upon leaving the area.
- Owners must be in verbal control of their dogs at all times and prevent aggressive behavior, biting, fighting or excessive barking.
- Owners are liable for damage or injury inflicted by their dogs.
- Owners are responsible for cleanup and disposal of feces.
Posted on: Wednesday, April 24th 2013