Environmental Quality Committee
The Environmental Quality Committee provides recommendations to the City Council on issues relating to the environment, water quality and solid waste. The Committee's duties include reviewing development proposals for environmental concerns; storm water quality; and forestry, providing input into the local watershed planning process; studying solid waste disposal and recycling; and providing educational programs and information to the public on environmental issues.
This committee meets at 7 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month.
Tim Pratt, Chairperson
Leonard Ferrington, Jr.
Staff Liaison: Jessica Schaum, Environmental Officer
The Environmental Quality Committee hosts an annual speaker's series January-May.
The Environmental Quality Committee hosts the Green Community Awards annually. Applications are due June 1.
Lawn Care & Gardening
- Organic Gardening - Organic Lawn Care
- Bachmans - Lawn Care Calendar
- Healthy Lawns - http://www.healthylawns.org
- University of Minnesota Extension
Local & Organic Food
- Minnesota Grown Directory - resources for obtaining local food
- Land Stewardship Project - resources for obtaining local food
- MN Pollution Control - Living Green 365. - Making choices and taking action to lead healthier and more sustainable lives, 365 days a year
- MN Pollution Control Agency - Reduce waste ... if not you, who?
- It's in the Bag! - A Twin Cities-based plastic bag recycling program
- Minnesota GreenStar - Certified Green Home & Remodeling