2017 Caring Youth Award
The Shoreview Human Rights Commission (HRC) is currently accepting applications for the 2017 Caring Youth Award. This annual award, created by the HRC, honors youth who help to make Shoreview a community where all people are welcomed, valued and respected; where each person feels at home.
Applicants must live in or volunteer in Shoreview, be in grades 9 through 12, and meet the criteria of one or more of the following categories:
- Anti-Bullying Efforts - Creating a welcoming environment for all. Speaking up to prevent bullying or protecting themselves or others from bullying.
- Arts & Creativity - Enriching others through imaginative skills and originality in such activities that include: acting, dance, music, visual arts and writing.
- Community Involvement - Volunteering to meet a need in the community through action, education, advocacy or service.
- Courage - Standing up for beliefs, values and personal integrity and taking action during challenging circumstances to make a difference.
- Cultural Awareness - Valuing culture and/or social diversity through action, lifestyle awareness or education.
- Environment - Demonstrating leadership and commitment to heighten awareness about environmental issues and promote actions that lead to community sustainability.
Click here to complete the application if you know someone deserving of this recognition. Applications are due September 29, 2017.