Coronavirus response and resources
City hall is now open on a limited basis. The upper level city hall and parks and recreation department desks will be open 8 am - 4:30 pm. The lower level city hall desk is opening on Monday, June 15. The community center is opening to members only on June 15. View a full list of safety policies for the community center here.
Visitors must wear masks and practice social distancing and other safety measures while at city hall and the community center.
Additionally, visitors are not allowed in city hall if they answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Do you currently have symptoms that may be due to COVID-19?
- Have you been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you attended any events larger than 10 people within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with someone who traveled internationally within the last 14 days and is now sick with COVID-19 symptoms?
The city will continue to provide services over the phone and email. Residents are encouraged to submit payments, applications, etc. through the city's website, mail, or the phone.
City council, planning commission, and other advisory committee meetings will be held virtually or cancelled.
Mayor Martin has written a letter to the Shoreview community.
Stay Safe MN
The stay at home order has been lifted and replaced with "Stay Safe MN." This new order encourages everyone to stay close to home, but allows social gatherings of 10 people or less. Social distancing, masks, handwashing, and other safety measures are still encouraged.
There are also several hotlines you can call to help you during this time:
- Coronavirus hotline - 651-201-3920
- Ramsey County crisis hotline - 651-266-7900
- Minnesota Department of Health crisis hotline - text "MN" to 741741
Parks, playgrounds and open spaces are open. It is our goal to strike the right balance between maintaining access to parks, trails, and amenities and ensuring the health and safety of Shoreview residents.
We have made the difficult decision to cancel or postpone several of our summer events.
- Slice of Shoreview: July 24 - 26
- Concert in the Commons: June 10, 17, and 24
- Updates for July & August will be provided as soon as decisions are made
- Pop Up Rec in the Park: June 18, July 16, and August 5
- Wet & Wild: June 26, July 17, July 25 and 26
- 3rd Lair Summer Series Skateboard Contest: July 8
- Adventure Quest Carnival: July 10
Some recreation activities, classes, and programs have been postponed, cancelled, or modified. View all cancelled programs here.
The city has made changes to scheduled programs following guidelines from the CDC and MDH. View scheduled programs or classes here.
- Specific COVID-19 safety practices will be emailed one week prior to the class starting
- There's a maximum amount of 10 spaces in each program
- If a program is full, please sign up for the wait list
- Staff will contact you if a spot opens
- We're temporarily waiving all late fees and cancellation fees for programs
- Refunds will be issued for classes cancelled due to COVID-19
Members who are on monthly billing will not be billed in April or May. Annual members who have prepaid their membership will receive a credit equal to two months of their annual membership fee. The credit will be on your household account.
Thank you for helping us in our efforts to keep our community safe and healthy.