One of Shoreview's goals is to create a diverse and dynamic economy through the development of new businesses, redevelopment of dilapidated sites and the improvement of existing businesses. To achieve that goal, the City provides many tools and resources for Shoreview's business community to thrive.
City staff is available to work with existing and potential businesses on:
- Building expansions and new construction projects
- Providing assistance throughout the approval processes
- Locating available commercial and industrial sites for new and expanding businesses (existing buildings and vacant land)
- Identifying possible state, county and city financial assistance programs.
Partners in Redevelopment Funding
Several non-profit and government agencies work cooperatively to provide new businesses and existing ones assistance opportunities in Shoreview. Those resources include:
- Central Minnesota Development Company
- DEED Business Financing Programs
- Minnesota Business Finance Corporation
- Metropolitan Consortium of Community Developers (MCCD)
- Metropolitan Economic Development Association
- Minnesota Job Skills Partnership Program
- Service Corp of Retired Executive (SCORE)
- Small Business Administration-Federal
- Small Business Development Centers
- Urban Initiative Loan Program
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Women Venture
Waste and Recycling Resources
- Free Business Recycling - Grant monies available for businesses and institutions for up to $10,000 in assistance.
- Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation Services - delivers strategic environmental consulting that helps businesses and other organizations save money through waste reduction, resource conservation and energy efficiency.
- Trillion BTU Energy Efficiency Improvement Program - save Minnesota businesses money by reducing
energy consumption by up to one trillion BTUs a year.