|Economic Development Commission and
City Council members look on at a tour
of a local Shoreview Business.
The mission of the Shoreview Economic Development Commission is to support the City Council to retain, expand and recruit diversified business development which provides varied and broad job opportunities for the purpose of maintaining the community’s high quality of life, serving through these core roles:
- Building strong and effective relationships with the local business community
- Retaining key landmark and emerging businesses through proactive support
- Providing a valuable communication link between the business community and City
- Serving as an advocate for the business community in participating in City policy and program development as an advisory group to the City Council
- Educating the business community on City policies, goals, and values
- Facilitating networking opportunities for local businesses through the Shoreview Business Exchange and other sponsored events
- Providing resources and services to assist and support the local business community through the City’s website and other forms of communication
- Working with the City Council and Economic Development Authority in developing and implementing long-range strategic planning for business growth, economic development and redevelopment
The Shoreview EDC is an 11-member advisory board appointed by the City Council. EDC membership includes both residents and business owners of the community. Appointed members include:
Josh Wing, Chair
The Shoreview EDC regularly meets from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at Shoreview City Hall. Meetings are open to the public.