|The quality of life rating awarded the
City of Shoreview is one of the highest in the
Minneapolis-St. Paul Metropolitan Area.
Residents of Shoreview experience the highest quality of life of any community in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul region. This fact was confirmed based on the results of our most recent Quality of Life/City Services Survey conducted by a prominent professional polling firm that we undertake every 3-5 years in order to measure the satisfaction levels and service needs of our residents. Decision Resources Ltd. offers these concluding statements in their executive summary on their survey analysis and assessment:
- Shoreview citizens remain very content with their community. Ninety-eight percent approve of their quality of life; 58% rate it "excellent" (an increase from 2010, when 96% percent approved of their quality of life, and 55% rated it “excellent"). This level of satisfaction is at the top of communities in the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area suburbs.
- Residents express pride in key community values: sense of connection, strong neighborhoods, safe streets, exemplary park system, and sterling but cost-efficient city services.
- Citizens have very high expectations; but, as in the past, the City continues to meet or exceed most residents’ needs. Residents exhibit among the strongest levels of confidence in the direction of their community found within the suburbs.
- The summary phrase reflecting the current mode of residents is “cost-effective excellence.”
- Shoreview remains overall one of the best run and smoothly functioning suburbs within the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area.
The Community Survey looks at the following areas:
- Residential Demographics
- General Quality of Life
- Recreational Issues
- City Services
- Taxes and City Services
- Development Issues
- Communication Issues
- Resident Comments
2015 Complete Survey Results [PDF]
2013 Complete Survey Results [PDF]
2013 Complete Survey Results with 2010 Comparisons [PDF]
2013 Executive Summary
2010 Complete Survey Results [PDF]
2010 Executive Summary [PDF]