What is the process?
The Comprehensive Plan needs to be formally adopted by the City Council by December 2018. Until that time, Community Development Staff will be leading the revision process for Destination Shoreview 2040 with assistance from consultants, advisory groups, and the public. Below is an outline of the process until December 2018.
- December 17, 2018 – City Council Review
City Council Meeting at 7 p.m.
Shoreview City Council Chambers
- June 2017 – March, 2018 - Staff and advisory groups revised the current plan.
- July – November, 2017 – Community Conversations took place to explore key issues and provide opportunities for community dialogue and input. These community conversations took place at the Community Center and free child care was be available through Kids Care. Videos of the events can be found on "View More/Learn More" link on the bottom to view the videos from them.
- July 12 – Demographics, Susan Brower, State Demographer
- August 10 - Land Use and Development, ULI MN
- September 21 – Economic Development, Jonathan Weinhagen, Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce
- October 12 – Housing and Neighborhoods
- November 9 – Natural Resources and Resiliency
- Fall 2017 – Property owners affected by a land use change were invited to an open house where information will be provided on the proposed changes
- April 2018 – Draft plan completed
- May 2018 - Comprehensive Plan Open Houses -Two open houses were held for residents to provide feedback on May 15 and May 17.
- May – August 2018 - Informal public review took place with the adjacent communities
- October/November 2018 - Public Hearings at October 23 & November 27 Planning Commission meetings.
Niki Hill, AICP