What is the process?
The Comprehensive Plan needs to be formally adopted by the City Council by December 2018. Until that time, Community Development Staff will be leading the revision process for Destination Shoreview 2040 with assistance from consultants, advisory groups, and the public. Below is an outline of the process until December 2018.
- June, 2017 – March, 2018 - Staff and advisory groups will revise the current plan.
- July – November, 2017 – Community Conversations will take place to explore key issues and provide opportunities for community dialogue and input. These community conversations will take place at the Community Center and free child care will be available through Kids Care. If you miss any of the Community Conversations, you can click on the "View More/Learn More" link on the bottom to view the videos from them.
- July 12th – Demographics, Susan Brower, State Demographer
- August 10th - Land Use and Development, ULI MN
- September 21st – Economic Development, Jonathan Weinhagen, Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce
- October 12th – Housing and Neighborhoods
- November 9th – Natural Resources and Resiliency
- Fall, 2017 – Property owners who are affected by a land use change will be invited to an open house where information will be provided on the proposed changes
- April, 2018 – Draft plan completed
- May – June, 2018 - Informal public review will begin with the adjacent communities
- November, 2018 – The formal public hearing will take place at the Planning Commission
- December, 2018 – Final approval by the City Council
Niki Hill, AICP