Permits & Licenses

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Overnight Parking

Overnight Parking Request

Parking is not permitted on city streets between 2 - 5 a.m.

Flexibility in the event of exceptional or unusual circumstances is allowed. Exceptions include building construction, out-of-town guests, driveway construction, and large family gatherings.

Permits can be requested for unusual circumstances such as driveway construction or large family gatherings. Permits may be requested for up to 7 days at a time, for a total of 14 days per year.


  • Vehicles must be licensed and trailers must be connected to a licensed vehicle.
  • Dumpsters, PODs, and building materials are prohibited from being placed on the street.
  • Permits are not applicable for contractor vehicles or trailers.
  • Completed permit requests must be submitted by 4 p.m.
  • Snowfall of more than two inches requires all vehicles to be removed overnight.

Submitting a request does not guarantee approval. Plan to submit your request no later than 4 p.m. the day before the permit is needed.  Weekend permit requests must be submitted by 4 p.m. on Friday. 

Please see Special Event Parking below for parking in posted No Parking Zones. 

For more information see City Code 901.030 Parking Regulations.

Special Event Parking

Submit a Special Event Parking Request

The City can allow parking on streets posted "No Parking" for special events such as graduation parties, garage sales, etc. A parking permit for these purposes is available by submitting basic contact information and event information at the link below. 

All requests are reviewed on a case by case basis so please allow 48 hours for review. 

Please note that if approved, the No Parking signs are to remain uncovered. Any covering, painting or removing of the No Parking sign will result in revoking the permit. 

Block Party Permit

Block Party Permit Request

If you are going to have a neighborhood party and are planning to use a cul-de-sac or section of the street for activities you will need to apply for a Block Party Permit. 

Applying for a permit allows the City to drop off 2 barricades to help safely redirect traffic.

If you are going to be hosting a block party event for Night To Unite (formerly known as National Night Out) and are interested in having police or fire units stop by your event, please contact Ramsey County at 651-266-7336. 

Barricades for weekend events will be dropped off Friday at the address listed on the permit and will pick them up at the same location on Monday morning. Any missing or broken barricades will be billed to the permit holder.