The City offers cleanup events every spring and fall where residents can bring garbage/refuse not accepted by their hauler. Cleanup Day is only open to Shoreview and Arden Hills residents and participants must present a resident ID. Fees are based on vehicle type. Spring Cleanup Day will be held on Saturday, May 19th from 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at the Ramsey County Public Works Facility.
- Ramsey County Public Works Facility
1425 Paul Kirkwold Drive
Arden Hills, MN 55112
Household hazardous waste materials will be accepted during the events. However, if you only have household hazardous waste items, it is recommended that you dispose of those on a day that does not conflict with a Clean Up Day event. Ramsey County residents can dispose of these materials year round, cost free, at different facilities in Ramsey County.
Please visit RamseyRecycles.com or call 651-633-EASY (3279) answered 24/7, to learn options for other drop-off dates and locations.
The next Cleanup Day is scheduled for Saturday, May 19th, 2018.
SPRING CLEANUP DAY
Saturday, May 19, 2018
7 A.M. – Noon
1425 Paul Kirkwold Drive (Hamline Avenue and Highway 96)
Open to Shoreview and Arden Hills residents only. Must present a resident ID.
Charges by vehicle type/loads
• Car $10
• All Others (trucks, SUVs, Minivans, etc.) $25
• Trailers $35
Oversize loads (over 8’x10’) will be subject to extra charges
* Payment will only be accepted in the form of cash or check.
* NO credit cards will be accepted during the Cleanup Day.
• Construction debris • BBQ Grills • Tires • Exercise Equipment • Generators • Lawn Mowers
• Mattresses/Box Springs • Snow Blowers • Furniture • Vacuum Cleaners • Televisions • Computers
• Water Softeners • Keyboards • Appliances • Landscape timbers • Printers •Bicycle Donations
Electronic Recycling- Accepted
Unwanted electronics will be accepted for recycling, including computers, printers, keyboards and televisions – however, you don’t have to wait till Spring Cleanup Day! Many options are available for convenient year-round collection of these items. Please visit RamseyRecycles.com or call the Recycling and Disposal Hotline at 651.633.EASY (3279), answered 24/7, for more details.
Household Hazardous Waste- Accepted
If you are only bringing household hazardous waste items – for example, a couple of old paint cans – you can avoid long wait times at Cleanup Day. Just visit RamseyRecycles.com or call 651.633.EASY (3279), answered 24/7, to learn options for other drop-off dates and locations.
Other Accepted Items:• Home Improvement Items: Paint/thinners/solvents/adhesives/driveway sealant/wood preservatives/stains/aerosol cans/lead/paint chips
• Automotive Products: Used oil and filters/brake fluid/gasoline/antifreeze/auto batteries
• Lawn and Garden Chemicals: Weed killer/insecticides/pesticides
• Items with Mercury: Thermometers/fluorescent lights/switches/thermostats/vapor lamps
• Cleaning Products: Drain openers/oven cleaners/bathroom cleaners/rust removers
• Recreational Products: Rechargeable batteries/ button batteries/ propane tanks/ pool chemicals/ gas cylinders
Not Accepted• Brush/Yard Waste
• No oversize items such as hot tubs, boats, sheds, railroad ties
Only bicycle donations will be accepted
For other donatable materials, consider calling these organizations for pick-up options:
Disabled American Veterans – 651.487.2002
Epilepsy Foundation of Minnesota – 651.287.2300
Lupus Foundation of Minnesota – 651.748.0400
Salvation Army – 651.789.0099
Vietnam Veterans of America – 651.778.8387
TwinCitiesFreeMarket.org – Local non-profit network to give and get free stuff.
If you have items in good condition that you no longer use, nearby drop-off locations include:
1627 W. County Road B, Roseville – 651.634.3609
2500 Cleveland Ave. N., Roseville – 651.633.6228
2580 White Bear Ave., Maplewood – 651.770.2401
1633 Terrace Dr., Roseville – 651.631.3255
Additionally, Simple Recycling offers a curbside textiles recycling service to Shoreview residents
This service collects bi-weekly on the same day as recycling is collected. For more information, a list of accepted items, or to request more bags, please visit:
If you need to recycle something now, please check out the Ramsey County A to Z tool at RamseyRecycles.com or by calling 651-633-EASY (3279).