The City of Shoreview is committed to reducing, reusing and recycling products in our community.
Shoreview has an open garbage hauling system. Residents can choose their own garbage hauler for trash pickup from the 2018 Solid Waste Hauler List [PDF].
Not sure how to get rid of something or cleaning out the garage? Check out our "How do I get rid of this?" list.
Reduce Trash. Save Money.
Reduce the amount of waste you generate and save money by getting a smaller garbage cart from your hauler. Trash haulers are required to offer different size carts so get only the size you think you need. The smaller the cart, the less you will pay for trash collection.
Reuse through Fix-It Clinic.
Before you throw it, can you fix it? Bring new life to your broken items through the Ramsey County Fix-It Clinics. Every month a team of volunteers conducts a free Fix-It Clinic at various locations throughout Ramsey County. At Fix-It Clinics, residents bring in small household appliances, clothing, electronics, mobile devices and more to receive free guided assistance from volunteers with repair skills to disassemble, troubleshoot and fix items. Fix-It Clinics build community connections and reduce the number of repairable objects that are thrown in the trash.
Find more information on the Fix-It Clinic Program here.
Recycle All You Can.Recycling is exempt from taxes. If you recycle more, you may be able to use a smaller garbage cart and increase your savings. To find out more about recycling, see Shoreview's Recycling web page or call 651-633-EASY (3279) answered 24/7. There are more items that can now be recycled including many types of plastics, metal cans, glass bottles and jars, and all types of paper.
Know What NOT to Throw.
- Electronics such as TVs and computers are made of hazardous materials and are illegal to dispose of in the garbage. Best Buy will take some items at no charge.
- Household Hazardous waste such as paints, oil, and compact fluorescent light bulbs should not be placed in the trash. Ramsey County provides free drop-offs sites.
- Unwanted or expired medicine should not be flushed or disposed of in the trash and collection is free at many locations around the County.
- Yard waste (leaves, grass clippings, and brush) can be picked up by your trash hauler for an additional charge or you can drop it off for free at a Ramsey County yard waste site. Location and hours are posted at RamseyRecycles.com or call 651.633.EASY (3279).
- More information including hours, locations, and disposal options are available at RamseyRecycles.com or call 651.633.EASY (3279).