The Adopt-a-Trail volunteer program is available to residents, families, organizations, and businesses/employee groups of Shoreview. Adoptable trail segments are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Volunteer groups agree to adopt an available trail segment and assume responsibilities for a 2-year period for that area.
- Volunteer groups provide name, contact information and trail segment preference.
- Clean up trail segment twice a year; i.e. once in fall and once in spring.
- Pick up any trash or litter on or adjacent to trail.
- Report any visible vandalism of trail way or other public infrastructure.
- Coordinate trash bags with Shoreview Public Works Dept.
- Participants should stay within the trail corridor, use common sense and respect private property near sidewalks and trails.
- Adopt-a-Trail volunteers under the age of 18 must have responsible adult supervision.
The City's Part:
- The City will install signs recognizing Adopt-a-Trail volunteers in their designated adopted trail area.
- The City will provide trash bags for use by Adopt-a-Trail volunteers; they can be picked up in the Public Works Office at Shoreview City Hall.
- After cleanup is complete, Public Works will pick up full trash bags left on/near the trail.
The City of Shoreview has created this interactive map for those interested in participating in the program. Users can select a trail segment to determine if it is available or already adopted. You can also download a map [PDF].
To participate in the program, please complete this online application.
For more information, e-mail the Shoreview Public Works Department or call 651-490-4650.