The City of Shoreview is committed to reducing, reusing and recycling products in our community. Click on the arrows below to learn more about each topic.
Not sure how to get rid of something or cleaning out the garage? Check out our "How do I get rid of this?" list.
Shoreview has an open garbage hauling system. Residents can choose their own garbage hauler for trash pickup from the 2019 Solid Waste Hauler List [PDF].
Before you throw it, can you fix it? Bring new life to your broken items through the Ramsey County Fix-It Clinics. Every month a team of volunteers conducts a free Fix-It Clinic at various locations throughout Ramsey County. At Fix-It Clinics, residents bring in small household appliances, clothing, electronics, mobile devices and more to receive free guided assistance from volunteers with repair skills to disassemble, troubleshoot and fix items. Fix-It Clinics build community connections and reduce the number of repairable objects that are thrown in the trash.
Find more information on the Fix-It Clinic Program.
- Electronics such as TVs and computers are made of hazardous materials and are illegal to dispose of in the garbage. Best Buy will take some items at no charge.
- Household Hazardous waste such as paints, oil, and compact fluorescent light bulbs should not be placed in the trash. Ramsey County provides free drop-offs sites.
- Unwanted or expired medicine should not be flushed or disposed of in the trash and collection is free at many locations around the County.
- Yard waste (leaves, grass clippings, and brush) can be picked up by your trash hauler for an additional charge or you can drop it off for free at a Ramsey County yard waste site. Location and hours are posted at RamseyRecycles.com or call 651.633.EASY (3279).
- More information including hours, locations, and disposal options are available at RamseyRecycles.com or call 651.633.EASY (3279).
Where does my garbage go?
It is important to keep waste out of landfills. Haulers are required to inform their customers in writing each year where they take their waste for disposal. Waste can now go to a Resource Recovery Facility where it is processed into fuel to burn to produce electricity.
Are there additional charges I may see itemized on my bill?
Some haulers charge additional fees such as a fuel charge or environmental fee but do not include these at the rate you are quoted.
How do I get rid of extra items that do not fit in my cart and what will it cost me to get rid of items?
Call your hauler to check if they can pick it up from your curb, or take any time to any of the transfer stations listed below. Please call ahead to check hours of operation and charges. Usually, haulers require pre-payment for curbside pickup services. The City does offer two clean-up day events a year also, with various charges for each item.
- Advanced Disposal | 309 Como Ave., St. Paul | 651.487.8546
- J & J Recycling | 607 Barge Channel Rd, St. Paul | 651.227.4457
- Keith Krupenny & Son Disposal Service | 565 Barge Channel Rd, St. Paul | 651.457.3680
- RRT Newport | 2901 Maxwell Ave., Newport | 651.768.6670
- Twin City Refuse | 318 W Water St, St. Paul | 651.227.1549
- Veit Disposal Systems (construction and demolition waste only) | 1305 Pierce Butler Route, St. Paul | 651.646.3655