|Before voting, you must be a registered voter.|
To vote in Shoreview, you must meet the following requirements:
- Citizen of the United States
- 18 years old by Election Day
- Resident of Minnesota for 20 days
- Properly registered
- Not a convicted felon deprived of your civil rights
- Not legally incompetent
- A resident of Ramsey County and the precinct in which you wish to vote
To become a registered voter, you will need to complete and send in a Voter Registration Application [PDF].
You will need to register to vote if you have:
- Never voted before
- Not voted in the last four years
- Moved since last voting, or
- Changed your name since last voting
Registering On Election Day
You can also register at your polling place on Election Day. You must show the election judges one of the following documents:
- Valid Minnesota driver's license, learner's permit or ID card (or a receipt for any of these documents) that includes your current address.
- A tribal ID card which includes name, address, signature and picture, from a tribe recognized by the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA).
- Oath of a registered voter in your precinct who can vouch for your residence in the precinct. Employees of nursing homes, shelters and certain other residential facilities may also vouch for the persons who reside there.
- Prior registration at another name or address in your precinct.
- Notice of late registration mailed to you by Ramsey County Elections.
- If you are a college student, you may use a current student identification card (including your photo), if your college has provided a student housing list to Ramsey County Elections.
Or, one document from each of the following groups:
Group A: A driver's license, learner's permit, or identification card issued by the State of Minnesota or any other state of the United States with a previous address, U.S. passport, U.S. military identification card, Minnesota high school/college/university ID card. These documents must contain your name and photo. You may also present a tribal ID card that contains your name, photo and signature, from a tribe recognized by the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA).
Group B: An original bill (paper or electronic), including account statements and start-of-service notifications, with a due date 30 days before or after the election, or, for bills or notifications without a due date, dated within 30 days before Election Day, containing the voter's valid address in the precinct. Eligible bills are: gas, electric, solid waste, water, sewer, phone, cell phone, television, internet provider, credit card, banking services, rent statement, mortgage statement, a current student fee statement, or a residential lease or rental agreement valid through Election Day.
All voter registration applications are subject to verification. Registrants who have not yet voted in a federal election and who register by mail may be required to show an identification document before voting if their identity cannot be verified by Ramsey County Elections prior to Election Day.