Northeast Youth and Family Services connects
youth and adult volunteers with seniors who
wish to live independently in their homes for as
long as possible. NYFS is only one of many
community organizations that offer a variety
of ways to help others, right here in Shoreview.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Sir Winston Churchill
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." - Anne Frank
Whether it is important to you to help solve a community problem, advance a worthy cause or to develop as a person, volunteering offers many benefits in appreciation for the gift of your time and expertise. Volunteering can help you:
- Make important networking contacts
- Learn or develop skills
- Teach your skills to others
- Enhance your résumé
- Gain work experience
- Build self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improve your health
- Meet new people
- Feel needed and valued
- Express gratitude for help you may have received in the past from an organization
- Communicate to others that you are ambitious, enthusiastic and care about the community
- Make a difference in someone’s life
- Improve the likelihood that children will volunteer as an adult
- from UnitedWay.org
No matter what your skills, interests or schedule may be, there is an opportunity for you to get involved in Shoreview. Please click on the links below to learn more.
Gallery 96 -
The mission of Gallery 96 is to display the visual art of the community, and to educate the community about the visual arts. Gallery 96 is always looking for volunteers, including a treasurer; someone to help with setting up and taking down art exhibits at the Ramsey County Library and the Slice of Shoreview; and someone to maintain and update the organization's website.
Meals on Wheels of Ramsey County
- Meals on Wheels of Ramsey County delivers over 800 meals each day! This would not be possible without the help of our volunteers.
Metro Paint-a-Thon -
Metro Paint-A-Thon helps low-income seniors and people with permanent physical disabilities continue to live independently in their own homes. Each summer, particularly the first weekend of August, teams of volunteers paint home exteriors in the Twin Cities metro area for those who can no longer physically do such maintenance and cannot afford to hire a contractor. The program restores not only the homes we paint, but the homeowner's sense of pride in their property and their community.
Northeast Youth and Family Services
- By connecting youth and adults in search of work with seniors in need of help, NYFS helps older adults live independently in their homes for as long as possible. Workers assist seniors with basic services such as housekeeping and lawn care as well as seasonal activities such as snow shoveling and leaf raking.
Ralph Reeder Food Shelf
- The Ralph Reeder Food Shelf relies on the generosity of volunteers who help staff the food shelf on a daily basis, as well as the many additional volunteers who help with our seasonal programs.
Ramsey County Sheriff's Office
- For citizens, businesses, community organizations, and students who want to actively engage in public safety initiatives, the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office offers many volunteer and internship opportunities.
- Ramsey County government utilizes volunteers across departments in a variety of capacities. This partnering between citizens and Ramsey County contributes to the building of a stronger community. A number of County programs and services, as well as community partnerships, would not be possible without the efforts of these remarkable individuals.
Shoreview Library -
Volunteers help in many ways and play a vital role in support of the Library's mission and goals. We appreciate volunteers bringing energy, enthusiasm, and willingness to help out!
Shoreview Community Foundation
- The Shoreview Community Foundation seeks to maintain, enhance and enrich the quality of life in Shoreview, Minnesota by connecting the generosity of people with the evolving needs of the community. Individuals are needed to assist the Foundation either with technology/social media skills, financial management skills or fundraising experience.
Shoreview-Einhausen Sister City Association
- As an all-volunteer organization, our mission is to promote friendship and internationalgoodwill by creating opportunities for all citizens of the greater Shoreview area toexperience the German culture. This is accomplished through a variety of social,educational, economic, municipal and cultural activities with an emphasis onexchanges and personal interactions with the people of Einhausen, Germany.
Slice of Shoreview -
The Slice of Shoreview is an annual festival held to celebrate life in Shoreview, Minnesota over the last weekend of July. It is a completely volunteer-run event with many opportunities for people to get involved. Work as much as you want or just a few hours. Come join in the fun!