Shoreview City Hall opening June 8, community center remains closed until further notice.  Get up-to-date city information or state information on COVID-19.

Banquet Room FAQs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • What happens if I need to cancel my event?

    We are not able to issue refunds for cancellations. Please make your decision carefully before choosing to book your event.

  • Will you provide staff or security for my event?

    There will always be a manager available to assist you with any questions or issues. We do not require or provide a security guard.

  • How do I pay for my reservation?

    We can take payment over the phone using a Visa or MasterCard. You may also mail us a check or pay in person with Visa, MasterCard, check, or cash.

  • When do I need to pay for my reservation?

    We require 50% of the reservation fee to be paid upon making the reservation. The remaining balance is due 30 days before the event.

  • How can I be sure to get my damage deposit back?

    Follow the policies.

  • How does the damage deposit work?

    All damage deposits need to be paid 30 days before the event. This money is deposited to our bank; it is not set aside until after the event. If all of our policies are followed and there is no damage to the room, you will receive your damage deposit back. You should receive it within two weeks of your event in the form of a check sent to the address on file. Please make sure that the address you give us is correct and up-to-date.

  • Can I have a rehearsal at your facility?

    You may have your rehearsal at our facility, but you would need to rent a room to do so. The fee would depend on the number of people, the length of time you would need it for, and room availability.

  • Will we be able to play loud music through your sound system?

    No. Our sound system is only for background music and showing videos and slideshows. If you would like amplified music for a dance, you will need to bring in your own sound equipment or hire someone else to do so.

  • Will we be able to play a slideshow or video with sound on your AV equipment?

    Yes. Our laptops can plug into the built-in sound system to play the audio of any PC compatible files.

  • Are the banquet rooms AV equipped? Is there a fee to use this equipment?

    Both banquet rooms have a projector, laptop, Google Chromebook, screen, and microphones. A TV/DVD cart can be requested. Use of this equipment is complimentary with the room rental.

  • Do you have a list of preferred caterers and vendors?

    No. We recommend using any wedding resource website to find the best options for your budget and location.

  • Am I allowed to hire a DJ or band for my event?

    Yes. Our AV equipment can play light background music, but it does not get loud enough for a dance. A DJ or band is allowed to play music for the event as long as it is not so loud that it disturbs other events in the building.

  • Do you provide decorations?

    No. You will need to provide any desired decorations for your event.

  • Do you provide table linens?

    No. All tablecloths, chair covers, and napkins must be rented through either a caterer or a rental company.

  • What size tables do you use?

    We offer seating at 5-foot round tables. For banquet style events, 8 people can be seated at each table. If it is a presentation style event, 6 people are seated at each table. We have 8-foot rectangle tables for food, gifts, etc. Our cocktail tables are adjustable and can raise or lower to either 36 inches off the ground, or 48 inches and they are 24 or 30 inches in diameter. We have plenty of all types of tables except for the cocktail ones. Those should be reserved at the time of booking, if interested, since we only own 10.

  • Are there any decorating restrictions?

    All decorations hung on the walls must be hung with blue painters' tape or 3M Command Strips. Nothing can be hung from the ceiling, including draping. Candles are allowed in our facility, but they must be in a glass container that goes higher than the flame. No confetti or loose glitter is allowed.

  • Are there dance floors in your banquet room?

    Both banquet rooms have permanent oak parquet dance floors for your use.

  • Where can I hold my ceremony at your facility?

    You may rent out another banquet room or the Haffeman Pavilion to hold your ceremony in. You may also choose to have your guests sit at the tables that are set for the reception. We are not able to do room turnovers to accommodate both the ceremony and the reception in the same room.

  • Can I bring in my own liquor?

    No. Alcohol service is available through our in-house providers. They provide the bar, bartender, and any alcohol you wish to be served at your event. Please contact them directly about pricing and services:

    • Green Mill Shoreview: 651-482-1600 l
    • Shore96: 651-785-4297 l

    Alcoholic beverages are not allowed outside of the designated banquet rooms. Final service of alcoholic beverages shall be 30 minutes before the end of the rental. Last call should be announced 15 minutes before bar closing. Bartenders will not serve any attendee who appears overly intoxicated.

  • Is there a kitchen I can use?

    Each of our banquet rooms has one kitchen. In order to have access to the kitchen, you must have a caterer that is currently licensed in the State of Minnesota. There is an additional fee to use the kitchen as well. Without kitchen access, we are not able to provide means of heating, refrigerating, or storing food.

  • Can I bring in my own food?

    Guests who have rented a banquet room may bring in their own food for their event or have food catered/delivered. All outside food must remain within the room rented. Outside food is strictly prohibited in the common areas of the building (fireside lounge, Wave Cafe, etc.).

    Kitchen Access
    If your caterer needs access to the kitchen, there is a $100 fee for events up to 100 guests and a $200 fee for events over 100 guests. Kitchen access is only granted to caterers licensed in the state of Minnesota. Without the provision of a current, MN-issued catering license and payment of the kitchen fee, the kitchen would remain locked for your event, and you would not need to pay for it. All food must then be prepared off-site. Without kitchen access, we are not able to provide means of heating, refrigerating, or storing food.

  • Which caterer should I use for the event?

    We do not have any restrictions in terms of food being served for your event. You may bring in your own food or have a caterer bring the food.

  • How many people can fit in the banquet room? Is that standing or seated?

    The Wedell Community Room accommodates up to 250 people, and the Shoreview Room accommodates up to 300 people. This number is based on how many people can be seated at tables in the room. These capacities are a strict maximum, regardless of room set-up.

  • What is included with the reservation fees?

    We provide the space, tables, chairs, AV equipment, and staffing for your event. Everything else that you would like to have, such as a stage, linens, dishes, decorations, etc, would need to be brought in on your own.

  • What time do I get access to the banquet room?

    For events Monday through Saturday, you can have access to the room at 8 am on the day of your event. On Sundays, you have access to the room at 2 pm.

  • What is the best phone number to get a hold of someone in rentals?

    The best number to reach our rental team is 651-490-4790, as we have a couple people that get these calls. Please keep in mind that we are often on the phone or away from our desk for an appointment. If you reach our voicemail, please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible; calls are returned in the order a message was received. Or, feel free to email us any questions you might have at We do our very best to respond to all inquiries within one business day.