| Raptors are allowed by licensed Falconers
with valid state and federal Falconry
All wild animals, except the following, are prohibited within the City of Shoreview.
- Wild animals brought into the City for entertainment, exhibition or show purposes by persons keeping wild animals for a public zoo as volunteers.
- Wild animals which are part of a permanent display sponsored by a bona fide research institution, veterinary hospital, public zoo or other institution.
- Non-poisonous snakes, birds kept indoors, hamsters, mice, rabbits, gerbils, rats, guinea pigs, chinchillas, or lizards and similar small animals capable of being kept in cages continuously.
- Monkeys trained as personal helpers and kept by handicapped persons.
- Raptors owned by licensed Falconers holding valid state and federal Falconry permits.
Wild Animal License Process1.A license application must be completed and a certificate of insurance must be provided in the amount of $200,000 liability coverage on the Wild Animal.
2.An Animal Control officer will review the application, conduct an investigation and prepare a written recommendation for the City Council.
3.City Council will then make the final decision on issuing a license.
Wild Animal License Application