The City of Shoreview issues many different types of permits and licenses. All permits are available at City Hall, 4600 Victoria Street North, Shoreview, MN 55126.
If you are having a special event, block party or have unusual circumstances necessitating overnight parking, the City can allow flexibility and make exceptions. You must apply for a special permit, depending on your situation and needs. Read more information about special parking permits.
Residents requiring an exemption from watering restrictions should fill out the online exemption request form.
Building and related permits ensure that projects will be constructed according to nationally recognized standards. The standards are designed to protect buildings from collapse and fire, and to ensure the safety of all building occupants. Review of permit applications also ensures that projects meet zoning requirements, such as yard coverage, setbacks and building height.
Visit our Building Permits and Inspections Homepage
Planning and Zoning
Planning and Zoning permits and licenses are needed for the review of development applications for land subdivisions, new development and redevelopment.
- Domestic Partner Registration
- Filling Station Application
- Fireworks License
- General Dwelling Rental License Application
- Home Occupation Application
- Liquor License
- Massage Establishment License
- Massage Therapist License
- Multiple Family Dwelling Rental License Application
- Non-profit peddler permit
- Peddler permit
- Pipe Layer License Verification
- Rental Affidavit
- Smoke Alarm Requirements
- Tobacco License
- Utilities Direct Debit
- Wild Animal License Application
- Beekeeping Application
- Chicken License Application
- Tree Trimmer License Application