The City of Shoreview issues many different types of permits and licenses. All permits are available at City Hall, 4600 Victoria Street North, Shoreview, MN 55126.
If you are having a special event, block party or have unusual circumstances necessitating overnight parking, the City can allow flexibility and make exceptions. You must apply for a special permit, depending on your situation and needs. Read more information about special parking permits.
Residents requiring an exemption from watering restrictions should fill out the online exemption request form.
Building and related permits ensure that projects will be constructed according to nationally recognized standards. The standards are designed to protect buildings from collapse and fire, and to ensure the safety of all building occupants. Review of permit applications also ensures that projects meet zoning requirements, such as yard coverage, setbacks and building height.
Visit our Building Permits and Inspections Homepage
Planning and Zoning
Planning and Zoning permits and licenses are needed for the review of development applications for land subdivisions, new development and redevelopment.
- Accessory Structure Brochure (Garage , Shed, Gazebo)
- Accessory Structure Information Sheet (Garage , Shed, Gazebo)
- Basement Info Sheet
- Building Permit Application
- Deck Info Sheet
- Driveway Permit Information
- Egress Info Sheet
- Electric Permit - Contractor
- Electric Permit - Homeowner
- Electric Info Sheet for Homeowners
- Excavating and Grading Permit Application
- Fence Permit Information
- Fire Permit Application
- HVAC Permit Application-Commercial
- HVAC Permit Application-Residential
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Porch Info Sheet
- Porch Permit Information
- Roofing Siding Window Permit Application
- Sewer & Water Permit