|Kowalski's Ribbon Cutting - November 2016
The mission of the Shoreview Economic Development Authority is to facilitate economic growth by supporting existing businesses, foster reinvestment in residential neighborhoods and commercial areas, and promote the creation of new business, employment and housing opportunities in order to sustain and enhance the economic vitality and quality of life in the community.
- Maintaining quality neighborhoods
- Preserving housing stock conditions
- Providing a variety of housing choices
- Retaining business and promoting expansion
- Supporting redevelopment of older commercial areas
SummaryThe Shoreview EDA is a five-member board appointed by the City Council and consisting of 3 members of the City Council and 2 at-large citizen members. While the board serves with official powers in the capacity of both the Economic Development Authority and Housing and Redevelopment Authority pursuant to State statutes, the City Council as a whole retains final decision-making authority on all financial and budgetary matters of the EDA.
Appointed members include:
- Emy Johnson, President (Councilmember)
- Sue Denkinger, Vice President (Councilmember)
- Kaori Kenmotsu (At-large member)
- Shelly Myrland (At-large member)
- Terry Quigley (Councilmember)
The Shoreview EDA regularly meets each month from 5 - 6:30 p.m. on the first Monday of each month in the Council Chambers at Shoreview City Hall. Meetings are open to the public.