- Must be an upgrade to an existing system. New irrigation system installations are not eligible.
- Recent (2020 or later) purchase of WaterSense-certified, Wi-Fi-enabled smart irrigation controller
- Shoreview resident with non-delinquent water/sewer utility account
- Commercial accounts do not qualify
- Smart irrigation controller rebates cover 75% of pre-tax cost, up to $150
- Funding is limited and available on first-come, first-served basis
- Rebate appears as credit on resident’s utility bill
- Must follow city’s odd/even, no 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. watering restrictions
- One rebate per utility account
- Copy of itemized invoice or receipt (not online order confirmation), including make and model, required to determine eligibility
- WaterSense documentation or label must be included
- Photo of installed controller required at time of application
Water Smart is a free program available to water customers in Shoreview. Homeowners who sign up will get a personalized home water report three times a year. You can also view your water usage any time online through a digital dashboard. Since 2016 Water Smart customers have saved over 10 million gallons of water!
- Compare water use to homes like yours
- See monthly updates to your water use
- View data to understand how you’re using water
- Get water-saving tips & recommendations
Your water score compares your water use to similar households. How does your water use compare?
In the lowest 20% of water users
|Average water use|
Higher than average water use