The community center is now open to members only. This is a phased opening so only certain areas are open. Staff will continue to follow CDC and MDH guidelines and evaluate the situation weekly. We hope to open more areas in the upcoming weeks. New safety policies are in place until further notice and will be evaluated weekly.
General community center policies
- Open to members and program participants only
- New members welcome; visit anytime during community center hours to join
- Visitors need to:
- Wear a face mask at all times (except in the pool or working out)
- Practice social distancing and stay six feet away from others
- Wash hands frequently
- Stay home if sick
- Bring their own bottle filled with water
- Children under 16 years old are not allowed with the exception of:
- teen equipment orientations (children 12 and older may use the fitness center after completing a teen equipment orientation)
- program participants
- Areas closed until further notice:
- Common areas (cafe and lounges)
- Basketball gym
- Indoor playground
- Water parks
- Kids care
- Water fountains
- One household allowed in the elevator at a time
- Three people allowed on the track at a time
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing procedures are in place
- General policies above
- Visitors must wear a face mask until they enter the fitness center
- Limited to 50 people
- Limited equipment and lockers
- Wipe equipment before and after use
- General policies above
- Lap lanes available by appointment only
- Visitors must wear a face mask until they enter the pool
- Limited lockers
- Whirlpool closed until further notice
Open to members/Group X Card holders 16+ only. Must be reserved in advance online.
Need to purchase a Group X Card?
- Call 651-490-4750 or visit the parks & recreation office
- Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm
- We've made changes to programs to adhere to social distancing and guidelines from the CDC and MN Department of Health
- Some programs have been postponed, cancelled, or modified; check the website for the most current class information
- We're temporarily waiving all late fees and cancellation fees for programs
- Limited space is available in each program to meet current group size limits of 10
- If a program is full please sign up for the wait list and staff will contact you if a spot opens
- Specific COVID-19 safety practices will be emailed to you one week prior to class start date
- If you have questions about a specific program please contact us: 651-490-4750, email@example.com
This continues to be a lonely time for some of our isolated adults in senior living facilities. We’re asking you again to show our seniors that Shoreview cares.
Make cards, write notes of encouragement, or make a small craft that would brighten a person’s day (no food please). Sign it with only your first name.
Who: Anyone is welcome to create! From preschoolers to adults, everyone is welcome to break out the crayons, colored pencils, markers, paints, whatever medium sparks your creativity.
- 9 am - 4 pm
- Tuesday, May 26 & Wednesday, May 27
- Shoreview City hall entrance - in the bin labeled "Shoreview Cares"
Look for card making ideas on YouTube, Pinterest, Blue Mountain Card Ideas, and bad dad jokes.
- Slice of Shoreview: July 24 - 26
- Concert in the Commons: June 10, 17, & 24 - updates for July & August will be provided as soon as decisions are made
- Pop Up Rec in the Park: June 18, July 16, & August 5
- Wet & Wild: June 26, July 17, July 25 & 26
- 3rd Lair Summer Series Skateboard Contest: July 8
- Adventure Quest Carnival: July 10
We're creating things you and the family can do from the comfort and safety of home. Check back each week for something new!
The classes below can be completed online. Click on a class to learn more.
- Babysitting 101
- Young Rembrandts art class
- Mayer Arts: Jazz & hip hop
- Mayer Arts: Wish upon a ballet
Free workout videos
We're sharing at home workout videos from our fitness instructors on our Facebook page. Be sure to like & follow our page for more videos!
- 1,400 acres of park and open space
- 11 city parks
- 4 county parks
- 60 miles of city and regional trails
Shoreview has the perfect setting for year-round enjoyment:
- Family picnics
- Cross-country skiing
Shoreview was the first Minnesota city awarded "Bicycle-Friendly Community". The League of American Bicyclists issued this award. This is due to our comprehensive 55-mile trail and sidewalk system.2018 Annual Report